A special event for all lady sliders to celebrate International Women’s Day 💜
Join us at Noosa for an incredible day of surf inspo, workshops, art and film with a whole lotta fun with female surf legends and specialists. Specially designed for women of all ages.
WSF x IWD Celebration Morning Session
Starts at 7am and runs through to 11am. NFOS Beach Bar (under the Tipi), Main Beach, Noosa Heads Tickets: $65 (early bird pricing available to 8 Feb 2023). $80 (general pricing – based on availability only). *Ticket includes brekkie, goodie bag and workshops + speaker sessions
Enjoy a delicious grazing brekkie served with chilled bevvies, and get set for an incredible morning of surf inspo, talks, and workshops.
- “The Mindful Surfer”: Sarra Robertson, founder and owner of Land & Sea Therapy. Being a ‘Mindful Surfer’ can aide to engage a person more fully in all facets of surfing throughout their life. This workshop will seek to explore and discuss emotional resilience in surfing, vulnerability and coping, gender neutrality and bias, competitiveness and personality types, and acts of respect – activism for you, by you, for others, as a way forward.
- “Ocean Women Creators” : Fireside chat with Danny Clayton:– Founder + Owner, Salt Gypsy, Gill Hutchinson – Author Surf Life + guests. Hear from a panel of strong independent ocean women creators and learn what inspires their lives and work. A refreshing discussion that uncovers common values of collaboration, new thinking and creating change.
- Ocean Breathe and Confidence”: Sally Howe, Function Breath Training, Apnea Survival Instructor. What happens to the mind and body when experiencing intense ocean situations? This interactive workshop brings surfing and freediving insights together to provide a deeper understanding of what the human body and mind go through when dealing with intense situations, particularly when underwater in tumbles and hold downs.
- “Train Like a Women. Power by Design”: Candice Land, WSL Exercise Physiologist and Exercise Scientist. Don’t sell yourself short by using training techniques designed for men and then applied to women. Women are different. Period. In this interactive workshop, you’ll learn how to tap into the strength designed into your body as a female so that you can power up your surfing. These exercises will be ones to keep in your quiver for a lifetime.
- “The Modern Rise of Women’s Professional Longboarding”: Forum hosted by Belén Alvarez Kimble & Sarra Robertson. The modern rise of women’s professional longboarding in Australia during the mid to late 90s and into the 2000s is best told through the platform that the @noosa_festival_of_surfing provided then, as it does now. Documentation of professional women’s longboarding in Australia owes much of its salience to @pacificlongboardermagazine editor, John Brasen for his dedication to the many features and profiles of the girls and women. We’re pleased JB will be joining Sarra & Belen and guests for this epic WSF speaker forum.
Commences from 12pm – 6pm NFOS Beach Bar (under the Tipi), Main Beach, Noosa Heads Free entry
A collective of local female surf artists and makers: Exhibition and market place.
AND: Autograph sesh with WSL + NFOS female competitors: Come and meet some of the world’s best longboarders – this will be a fun sesh for groms and fans of all ages!
PLUS: Salt Gypsy pop-up:
Swing by to style yourself out for the line-up from our mobile surf wardrobe rack, and try out our range of demo surfboards from longboards, mid-lengths, soft tops and twin fins.
WSF x IWD Celebration Film Night
(7-9pm) Venue: Noosa Surf Museum Tickets: $25
Kick back and watch a cool collection of inspirational films celebrating surfing women from independent filmmakers around the globe. Featuring a special Q&A with Lucy Small and guests.